Thursday, August 21, 2014

chickens, new opportunities and be cool - a list

Yeah, so I meant to get this blog post up last week. The tab has been open for about that long and then I just got distracted and busy with other things. That's life you could say.


Winner, winner chicken dinner. I won tickets to the State Fair again this year. Woo! I had no plans on going to the fair, but said if I won tickets I'd go. I'm saving up for this apartment so that money really needs to go towards my apartment, but I treated myself to some food.

Side note: On the way to the fair a young boy tried to hand me his phone and mimed for me to put my phone number in it so he could call me. Um...no. At some point I guess that worked for him. Not this time though.


I was obsessed with the chickens at the fair. If you follow me on IG (@chickenb00) you'll find a video of one of the roosters crowing. I waited for about 5 minutes to get that video. I loved all the chickens so much I actually went to the poultry barn twice. There are so many different kinds of chickens. If I had a small plot of land I'd totally have some chickens. FREE EGGS!


I submitted my application to the apartment complex I want to live in. The leasing agent told me they had an apartment available for less than what I'm currently paying. The apartment is in a safe, quiet neighborhood AND the apartment has a washer and dryer in the apartment. My current creepy apartment (above) has one sometimes working washer and dryer in the creepy, smelly basement.

The leasing agent told me that if I could come up with the deposit this month (August) that they would wave rent for August. I'm still working on coming up with the deposit. It's coming along, but I still need some help. I didn't want to go this route, but I set up a go fund me campaign. I'm still determined to earn most if not all the money I need for rent and the deposit.


I've been doing a lot of etsy listing and promoting on facebook, instagram and twitter to earn the money for my apartment. On top of that I made it into Yelp's Holiday Bazaar and been invited to have my items in another handmade consignment shop. So on top of packing and selling stuff I'm also creating more stuff for the holidays. I really need to learn to create all year long. One day I'll learn. I've got some other projects I need to work on as well.


Another note from a neighbor. I will miss these when I'm gone. I've never seen this neighbor either in the 5 years I've lived here. Crazy.


GenCon was last week. It's one of my favorite conventions to visit town even though I'm not a gamer. I worked again this year, this time in a back office stuffing envelopes all night long. I enjoyed it and it was some extra money for my apartment. I got to see a few interesting costumes, though not many since I was in a back office and I learned a few things. I'm looking forward to working again next year.


Tried out a tutorial I found for a wallet with a side zip so you can open it wider and it turned out nicely. I had to edit the instructions to work for how I wanted it to look. I may add these to my shop. What do you think?

Not much else happening. Just working, selling, packing, saving, selling and all that jazz. I look forward to when I can write up a post about moving and share pictures of the new apartment and it's wondering washer and dryer. If you want to help me get there sooner go ahead and donate or buy something from me. I will love you long time.


reading - Two Serpents Rise by Max Gladstone
This post brought to you in part by:

No comments: